Today has been (still is, actually) incredibly beautiful—breezy, cool and sunny, a perfect autumn day in New England.
And this has been a typical day busy-wise, too:
- started the morning by rendering duck fat, which produces a radiant yellow, delicious cooking oil;
- harvested hot peppers and tomatoes;
- made six quarts of yogurt;
- helped Bill make sausages, which he then smoked;
- prepared a dozen luscious jalapeno peppers for smoking to follow the brats in the smoker;
- collected eggs and cleaned the chicken house;
- set up a couple trays of moistened wood pellets for later use in the humanure project
- enjoyed a mini-walk around the farm
My wish for every being is to experience the sense of delight, nurture, beauty and peace this kind of day brings. Heaven, right here on Earth.